Saturday, May 26, 2007

America Here I Am

America here I am
Old me drifting away to a dirty plan
Let me hold myself between my knees

The acrid candor grows
And the proud seek gilded goals

A tried minority screams out loud
As the shelters run down

The feeble minded die
In combat boots, but some are still alive

No one seems to care who they are
As they meter justice weighted by carnal tar

Bloody scabs dot the land
Forgotten soldiers fearless as they stand
America let me hold myself between my knees

Children grow up on the streets
Homeless and the meek grow week

Times are rough but it’s the revival
And fuck I’m sick (of the leveraged bible)

Clergy preaches to the strong
Just don’t forgot to hold on

You vomitous foul gut wrenching abomination.
Feckless imperialist masterpiece of inexcusable stagnation
America, let me hold myself between my knees

2 comments:

Pedro said...

Nice. Did you write that? I didn't write this but I like it:

Every official that comes in
Cripples us leaves us maimed
Silent and tamed
And with our flesh and bones
He builds his homes
Southern fist
Rise through tha jungle mist
Clenched to smash power so cancerous
A black flag and a red star
A rising sun loomin' over Los Angeles
Cause for Raza livin in La La
Is like Gaza on to tha dawn of Intifada
Reach for tha lessons tha masked pass on
And seize tha metropolis
It's you that it's built on

Econjon said...

Yeah that was me after a late night jam session at a nerd party featuring a prominent UCSD topologist!