Thursday, April 16, 2009

Breaking Hollywood Insider News

I learned some interesting news yesterday that may be of interest to those of you who know my good friend Bronas Van Flugen Helsen (you may also know him by his professional names...The Riverboat King and Carl Hungus). Bronasty told me yesterday that he will be a "recurring character" on a reality TV show that has been picked up by the G4 channel. He will be filming in Vegas next month. I think the show is going to follow a bunch of professional gamblers who live in Vegas and try to act like the guys from Entourage. The producers actually wanted Jonuts to be a primary character on the show--a more svelte Turtle perhaps?--but he refused. He apparently values dignity more than I do. I told him that he needs to become one of those people who makes a career out of being on reality TV shows. Like maybe he could parlay this show into an appearance on I Love New York. (In case you have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.vh1.com/video/browse/index.jhtml?id=2004.) I really think he can pull off a career in reality TV. And I would watch every minute of it.

Follow the Riverboat King's blog and maybe he'll post official details about it. I'll be sure to advise you of the airing of this show before it happens.

5 comments:

RBK said...

it makes me really sad i didn't know you when i was little cuz i so desperately wanted a nickname in my childhood and no one ever loved me enough to bestow one upon me.

and now that i could care less, the only thing you never refer to me by is my actual name :)

Anonymous said...

Jonas, I could be wrong here but I bet the kids called you by lots of different "nicknames" back in the day...just not to your face. The part about the love though is probably true.

priya

The Central Scrutinizer said...

I'm really jealous of this. I've been trying to think of a way to get on I Love NY for two years now. Midget Mac ain't got nothin' on me!

You failed to post the name of the show, so that's not really helpful.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see Priya's biting wit is not person specific.
M

Anonymous said...

actually, marc, wrong again. it is person specific. you are just not the only person it is directed at. ;) hope that doesn't make you feel less special.