Monday, June 04, 2007

Upon Reconsideration...

I hereby renounce C. Billups and T. Prince and remove them from my NBA starting five. What a terrible showing in the Eastern Conference Finals. Prince couldn't score or guard anyone, and Billups made some awful decisions in the clutch. I'm replacing them with Steve Nash and Iguodola. Although, could you imagine Lebron running the fast break with Steve Nash? Just don't see Lebron and Kobe coexisting.

My prediction for best five, two years from now:

PG: Chris Paul (very narrowly over Deron Williams)
SG: Wade
SF: Lebron
PF: D Howard
C: Oden

From SG to C, this is the most physically imposing team ever assembled.

2 comments:

Econjon said...

Dear sir, I must respectuflly disagree...you are right in removing billups and prince. But how could you leave Duncan out of this lineup? Yes I am excited about Oden as well, but 2 years from now Duncan will still rock him.

Pedro said...

Could be. I keep thinking Duncan is wearing down but he keeps having great years, especially this year. I think he, Kobe and Lebron are all very close for best player in the league, although right now I give the edge to Duncan because he's such a defensive force. But Lebron is turning me into a witness...